PENELOPE “PENNIE” L. CLOR, RN, JD
Penelope “Pennie” Clor has represented clients in various personal injury cases since 1993. As a dedicated, effective advocate for those injured by the negligence of others, Ms. Clor has successfully represented clients in medical negligence cases, including those involving birth injuries, surgical injuries, misdiagnoses, delayed diagnosis, prescription medication errors, nursing home errors, Hospital and nursing errors.
Ms. Clor also represents injured people and families in other personal injury cases, including those associated with auto accidents, defective products and wrongful deaths.
In addition to handling personal injury claims, Ms. Clor is also experienced at representing clients in workers’ compensation cases, wrongful termination cases, disability discrimination cases, and sexual harassment cases.
Born in Livonia, Michigan, Ms. Clor grew up in Texas, near San Antonio. She attended the University of Texas Health Sciences Center in San Antonio and obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing in 1983. Ms. Clor worked as a critical care nurse, a surgical transplant care nurse, and an emergency room nurse prior to entering law school.
While attending law school at University of Denver School of Law, Ms. Clor worked as a law clerk for the State of Colorado Public Defenders office, defending juvenile offenders in the Denver office. In 1993, Ms. Clor earned her Juris Doctor.
Ms. Clor is a recipient of the American Jurisprudence Award in Civil Procedure. She believes that, as an experienced nurse, she is able to incorporate and use her nursing and medical background to effectively represent individuals who have suffered an injury – particularly those who are the victims of medical malpractice.
Professional Memberships, Admissions & Associations
- Colorado Bar Association, 1993 – Present
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 1993 – Present
- American Association of Nurse Attorneys
- Woman’s Bar Association
Ms. Clor is admitted to practice in Colorado State and Federal Courts. She is also active in her community and serves as a:
- Volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocate in Arapahoe County “CASA”
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Colorado Youth Symphony Orchestra (which has an extensive outreach program that provides music education to undeserved schools in the Denver, Aurora and Adams County school districts)
- Past member of the Board of Directors for the Colorado Epilepsy Foundation
- Volunteered as a coach for the Montbello High School Mock Trial Team
- Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, L.L.P., Partner, Present
- Hillyard, Wahlberg, Kudla, Sloane & Woodruff, L.L.P., Senior Associate Attorney, 2005 – August 2016
- Salmon, Lampert & Clor, P.C., Partner, 1997 – 2003
- Salmon, Godsman & Nicholson, P.C., Staff Attorney, 1993 – 1997
- University of Denver School of Law – Juris Doctor, 1993
- University of Texas Health Science Center – Bachelor of Science, Nursing, 1983
Classes & Seminars Taught
- Risk Management & Informed Consent in Colorado, Lorman Education Services, 2002 – Present
- Medical Legal Issues for the Surgical Nurse, Co. Springs – The Surgical Nurse Association, 2000 – Present
- “Medical Experts and Records: Proper Use in Civil Litigation,” October 2013
- In-service for Best Care Home Health Care, Titled Best Practices: Medical Documentation, September 2009
- “Medical Record Evaluation for Paralegal,” Institute for Paralegal Education, 2008
- Coach for the Grandview High School Mock Trial team, August 2017 – Present
- Speaker at The 2017 CTLA Convention in Snowmass Colorado – How to Use Medical Records in Evaluating the Case & Formulating a Damages Theory, August 3, 2017
CONTACT PENELOPE TODAY
5445 DTC Parkway Suite 1036,
Greenwood Village, CO. 80111
By Appointment Only
1624 Market Street, Suite 202
Denver, Colorado 80202