Denver Hospital & Nursing Negligence Lawyers
Hospitals and their employees are not always effective at protecting or promoting the safety of patients. In fact, some hospitals’ policies and the oversights of their employees can actually put patients at risk, worsening – not improving – their health. This, in turn, can mean that patients may end up developing far more serious (if not life-threatening) health complications.
At Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP, our lawyers are experienced at:
- Determining when hospital and/or nursing negligence has harmed patients
- Helping these people fight for the justice and financial recoveries they deserve.
For more than three decades, our Denver attorneys have been fighting for patients’ rights and working tirelessly to hold negligent hospitals, nurses and other parties accountable for the harm they cause. Known for our aggressive representation and extensive litigating experience, our lawyers can help you identify and pursue all available legal remedies if you have been hurt by hospital and/or nursing negligence.
While no amount of money can ever erase your injuries (or the past), compensation from these cases can provide important support and comfort that can help you recover and start restoring your life.
Hospital Negligence: When Hospitals Can Be Liable for Patients’ Injuries
Hospitals can be held responsible for the mistakes made by their employees, including nurses and medical technicians. They can also be liable when their policies and/or administrators contribute to harming patients.
Some common examples of hospital negligence that can harm patients (and be grounds for filing a medical malpractice claim against a hospital) include:
- Failing to properly screen medical professionals prior to hiring them (which can lead to hiring unqualified or dangerous professionals)
- Denying patients emergency, life-saving medical care
- Failing to maintain safe premises (which can involve a lack of security and lead to patient assaults, for instance)
- Failing to maintain sterile premises (which can contribute to hospital-acquired infections)
- Keeping an incompetent medical professional on staff (when it’s apparent or has been established that the professional is dangerous/incompetent)
- Having policies that harm patients or put them at an unnecessary risk of harm
- Lacking the necessary policies and procedures to promote patient safety.
Here, it’s important to point out that hospitals are not generally liable when non-employees – like independent contractors – make mistakes that harm patients even if the mistakes occurred at the hospital. These independent contractors commonly include physicians and surgeons who perform services at the hospital but who are not technically hospital employees.
Nursing Negligence: Common Examples
Nursing negligence (which can occur in hospitals, as well as in other health care settings) can come in various forms, with some of the most common examples including:
- Failing to recognize clear signs of patients’ health complications
- Failing to take prompt action to mitigate and/or treat emergency health complications
- Mishandling medical equipment and, in doing so, harming patients
- Leaving equipment (like a sponge, for instance) in patients who are undergoing surgery
- Administering the wrong types and/or amounts of medication(s) to patients
- Failing to check in on patients and/or abandoning a shift.
Contact a Denver Medical Malpractice Attorney at Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP
If you have been hurt by any form of hospital or nursing negligence, contact a Denver medical malpractice attorney at Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP to find out more about your recovery options.
Ready to provide you with compassionate service and effective representation, our lawyers are committed to holding negligent parties accountable for their irresponsible, careless and reckless actions that have harmed you.
Call (303) 771-1900 or email our firm via the contact form on this page to start the conversation that could change your life – and make all of the difference in your financial recovery and future.
From offices based in Denver and Greenwood Village, our attorneys provide the highest quality representation to people throughout the Denver metro area, Arapahoe County, and the state of Colorado.