Denver Premises Liability & Slip and Fall Lawyers
People can get seriously hurt – possibly sustaining permanent or life-threatening injuries.Accidents can happen anywhere. When these accidents are somehow caused by the oversights, inaction or recklessness of those responsible for keeping a property safe:
- Victims can be entitled to compensation for the harm and losses they have suffered.
At Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP, our Denver premises liability attorneys have been committed to helping injured people financially recover from accidents on others’ properties for more than 30 years.
Effective at holding property owners (and others) accountable for their careless and negligent actions, our lawyers are here for you, ready to help you protect your rights and pursue all available legal remedies. Our goal is provide exceptional representation so you can bring your case to the best possible resolution – and so you can restore and move on with your life.
Premises Liability Cases We Handle
Premises liability claims can come in many forms, involving various accidents that can cause mild to severe injuries. At Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP, our Denver lawyers have extensive experience resolving a wide range of premises liability cases, including (but not at all limited to) those involving:
- Slip, trip and falling accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Stair and escalator accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Accidents caused by objects falling onto people
- Incidents and injuries caused by lack of security.
When these (or other) accidents occur at locations like (but not limited to) the following, our attorneys will be ready to fight for victims’ rights to recovery:
- Retail settings, like grocery stores, malls, and warehouse stores
- Private businesses
- Public and private schools
- Parks and libraries
- Movie theaters and sports stadiums
- Concert halls and amphitheaters
- Amusement parks and carnivals
- City, county and federal government buildings.
Some of the various parties that can be liable for premises liability accidents (and that our Denver lawyers are skilled at going up against) include (and, again, are not exclusive to):
- Commercial and residential property owners (including both individuals and corporations)
- Homeowners’ associations
- Business owners
- Landlords and building managers
- Insurance companies
- Government entities.
Premises Liability Cases & Recoveries: More Important Information
- Proving liability – For a premises liability case to be successful, there must be proof that:
- The responsible party (like a property owner, for instance) owed a duty of care to the victim – This also implies that the victim had a right to be on the property (in other words, that trespassing was not involved).
- The responsible party failed to fulfill this duty – Responsible parties cannot shirk their duty of care by claiming they were unaware of a risk or danger on their property. If the risk or danger was sufficient that a “reasonable” person in the same situation would have been aware of it (and would have rectified it), responsible party can still be liable.
- The failure directly contributed to the accident and victim’s injuries.
- Potential evidence – Various evidence can support premises liability claims, such as (but not at all limited to):
- Witness statements
- Surveillance footage
- Building maintenance, repair and inspection records
- Pictures taken by victims (or others) following the accident.
- Filing deadlines – There are strict filing deadlines for premises liability cases in Colorado (with these deadlines being especially short for claims alleging government liability). This essentially means that it’s best to not put off filing these claims (or contacting a lawyer about them) in order to preserve your rights to financial recovery.
Contact a Denver Personal Injury Attorney at Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP
If you or a loved one has been hurt in any type of accident on another party’s property, you can turn to a Denver personal injury attorney at Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP for helpful advice regarding your options for recovery and justice.
Ready to provide you with compassionate service and effective representation, our lawyers are committed to holding negligent parties accountable for their irresponsible, careless and reckless actions that have harmed you. We have more than three decades of experience helping injured people, and our glowing record of success has earned us many professional awards, including national recognition as leading trial lawyers in the U.S.
Call (303) 771-1900 or email our firm via the contact form on this page to find out more about your potential case and what we can do for you. The information you receive during an initial consultation with us can your life and make all of the difference in your financial recovery and future.
From offices based in Denver and Greenwood Village, our attorneys provide the highest quality legal service and representation to people throughout the Denver metro area, Arapahoe County, and the state of Colorado.