Denver Product Liability Lawyers
At Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP, our Denver attorneys have been fighting this negligence and working to protect consumers’ rights for more than 30 years. Known for our vigorous advocacy, litigating skills and record of success, our lawyers can help you fight for justice and financial recovery when dangerous and defective products harm you and/or your loved ones.Faulty products make their ways into consumers’ hands all too often, causing accidents, injuries, and (in the worst cases) deaths. While a number of factors can contribute to product defects – and the harm they may cause, commonly, negligence – and the push to promote corporate profits over public safety – are involved.
Negligence & Product Liability Cases: How Negligence & Dangerous Products Can Harm Consumers
Risky and defective products can be the result of various forms of negligence, including (but not limited to) manufacturers or companies:
- Using low-quality, fragile and/or toxic materials in products
- Failing to test the safety and efficacy of products before distributing and selling them
- Misrepresenting the safety of products – This can include hiding the dangers of products, as well as overstating the benefits, safety or effectiveness of products.
- Failing to inform consumers about how to properly use (and not use) a product.
The Denver personal injury lawyers at Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP are highly experienced at proving when these actions (and other forms of negligence) have played a role in bringing dangerous products to market and harming consumers.
Some of the specific types of products liability cases our lawyers are effective at handling include those associated with faulty, defective and/or dangerous:
- Household furniture and appliances, such as heating systems, stoves and microwaves
- Toys and products for children, like cribs, high-chairs and child car seats
- Motor vehicle equipment, such as airbags, seatbelts, tires and ignition systems
- Power tools and industrial equipment, like generators, lawn mowers and robotic equipment
- Medications, including both over-the-counter and prescription drugs
- Medical devices, including devices made to implant in patients, as well as devices that are meant to aid mobility and/or support life function.
Product Liability Cases: More Important Information
- Filing deadlines for starting a case – Colorado law provides two years to file product liability claims, with the time frame starting on the date of an accident (caused by a dangerous product) OR the date on which the injuries (from the faulty product) are diagnosed/discovered. These deadlines are strict, and missing them can cause claims to be dismissed.
- The bottom line: It’s best to move forward with a case as soon as possible (rather than putting it off under the misguided assumption that there’s “plenty” of time to file).
- Establishing liability – Proving that a company is liable for a faulty product can be complicated and challenging. While evidence like manufacturers’ records and product instructions can be important, it may also be necessary to get experts involved, to review regulators’ records, and to take other steps to establish negligence in these cases.
- The bottom line: It’s best to retain an experienced lawyer to help you pursue and favorably resolve a product liability case. An attorney will know how to prove fault and hold negligent manufacturers responsible for the harm their defective products have caused you.
Start the Recovery Process Now: Contact a Denver Personal Injury Attorney at Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP
If you or someone you love has been hurt by any type of risky or faulty product, contact a Denver personal injury attorney at Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP by calling (303) 771-1900 or by emailing our firm via the contact form on this page.
Our lawyers are ready to learn more about your situation and provide you with helpful answers about your rights, your potential case and your best recovery options. They are also ready to take swift action to get your case started and bring your case to the best possible resolution.
The conversation you have with us during a free, no obligations initial consultation could change your life and your future.
From offices based in Denver and Greenwood Village, our attorneys provide the highest quality legal service and representation to people throughout the Denver metro area, Arapahoe County, and the state of Colorado.