Denver Truck Accident Lawyers
At Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP, our lawyers are dedicated to helping people recover from the injuries and losses they have endured due to truck crashes. Truck accidents can be catastrophic, especially when smaller vehicles or pedestrians are involved. While any number of factors can cause a truck crash to happen, the vast majority of these wrecks involve some type of human mistake – and, in many cases, the errors, recklessness or carelessness of a motorist.
Known for our dedication, litigating skills and record of success, our attorneys can help truck accident survivors, including families who have lost a loved one in a deadly truck wreck:
- Identify their options for justice and recovery
- Protect their rights and interests as they move forward
- Hold any and all negligent parties accountable
- Secure the full amount of compensation they deserve.
Our lawyers care deeply about helping you – and each of our clients – secure justice following truck crashes. That is why we work relentlessly to bring every truck wreck case we handle to the best possible resolution.
Superior Representation for Truck Crash Survivors
Providing compassionate service and vigorous legal advocacy, our lawyers have extensive experience representing truck accident survivors in various types of cases, including (but not limited to) those that involve:
- Truck driver negligence, including trucker fatigue, trucker impairment, failures to abide by traffic laws, and failures to comply with trucking regulations
- Other motorist negligence, such as reckless driving, drunk driving, aggressive driving, and distracted driving
- Trucking company negligence, including failures to maintain trucks, failures to hire qualified commercial drivers, and failures to comply with state or federal trucking regulations
- Other forms of negligence, such as the negligence of vehicle equipment manufacturers (when faulty truck equipment causes crashes) and the negligence of cities or counties (when dangerous road conditions contribute to truck wrecks).
Damages for these and other types of truck accident claims can include (but may not be limited to) compensation for:
- Medical bills, including past and future treatment costs
- Lost wages, including past and future earnings lost as a result of the crash
- Property damage
- Mental suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Funeral and burial costs (for claims related to fatal truck crashes).
These recoveries can be pivotal to helping truck crash survivors heal and restore their lives.
How Our Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help You after a Crash
With one of our trusted truck accident attorneys on your side, heading up your claim, you can count on receiving exceptional representation and advocacy. Some of the specific things our lawyers can do to craft the strongest possible case for you include (and are by no means limited to):
- Closely examining police reports, photos and other evidence to determine fault and identify all responsible parties
- Gathering evidence from witnesses, on-board electronic recorders (on trucks), trucking company logs and records, etc. to strengthen your truck accident claim
- Dealing with insurance companies and others who may be trying to the compensation paid for your claim
- Aggressively defending your rights in and outside the courtroom to make sure you obtain the maximum possible award for your losses and injuries.
Important Steps to Take after Truck Accidents
When truck crashes occur, taking as many of the following steps as possible can be important to protecting yourself, as well as a future claim for compensation:
- Move to the shoulder of the road (or somewhere out of the path of traffic) and call 911 ASAP.
- Seek medical attention immediately (ideally from emergency responders).
- Try to snap photos of the damage caused by the truck wreck. If or when possible, include pictures of the damage to all involved vehicles, as well as any surrounding features or structures (like traffic signs, lane dividers, guardrails, etc.).
- Collect driving- and insurance-related information from the other involved motorist(s).
- If anyone witnessed the truck crash, try to record their names and contact information. Please note that, if this step is not possible (due to sustaining serious injuries, for instance), this information will usually be available in the police report for the crash.
- Report the truck accident to the insurance company, and avoid accepting or admitting any fault for the collision.
- Meet with an experienced lawyer as soon as you can to discover what you need to do next in order to protect your claim for compensation (for your crash-related losses and injuries).
Get on the Road to Recovery Now: Contact a Denver Truck Accident Attorney at Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP
A Denver truck accident attorney at Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP is here for you, ready to provide you with helpful answers and advice regarding your best recovery options.
Simply call (303) 771-1900 or email our firm via the contact form on this page to find out more about your potential case and what we can do for you. The conversation we have could change your life – and make all of the difference in your financial recovery and future.
Our lawyers have more than three decades of experience helping injured people, and they are ready to take swift action to protect your rights while helping you pursue your best options for justice.
From offices based in Denver and Greenwood Village, our attorneys provide the highest quality legal service and representation to people throughout the Denver metro area, Arapahoe County, and the state of Colorado.