Denver Wrongful Death Lawyers
At Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP, our Denver attorneys are here to help families who have lost loved ones due to other’s negligent, careless or reckless actions. We know that money can never replace a loved one or make up for the devastating impacts of a wrongful death. We also understand that taking action to fight for justice – and hold negligent parties accountable – can help families and provide them with:Losing a loved one is always difficult – if not heartbreaking. When the loss of a loved one could have been prevented, however, it may be far more devastating and tragic for families and surviving loved ones.
- Some financial security to help them cover their expenses, lay a loved one to rest, and deal with their grief and losses
- Some comfort, justice and closure, which may be important to picking up the pieces and starting to restore lives.
Common Causes of Wrongful Deaths
Wrongful deaths can result from any number of events, accidents or negligent actions. Our Denver wrongful death lawyers have extensive experience representing people in various types of wrongful death cases, including (but not exclusive to) those associated with:
- Fatal car accidents, motorcycle crashes, and truck wrecks
- Deadly workplace accidents and fatal occupational illnesses
- Fatal accidents that happen on other people’s properties
- Deadly accidents or injuries caused by faulty, dangerous or inherently defective products
- Medical malpractice, including hospital and nursing negligence
- Nursing home abuse or neglect.
Any number of parties can be liable in these (and other) wrongful death cases. Some examples of these liable parties include (and are by no means limited to):
- Individuals, like motorists, property owners or landlords, doctors and others
- Private companies, manufacturers and corporations
- Government entities, including municipalities, counties and other government institutions.
Compensation for these and other types of wrongful death cases can include (and is not necessarily limited to) damages for:
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost wages (including the potential for future lost earnings)
- Loss of consortium/companionship.
Depending on the nature and circumstances of a wrongful death, punitive damages may also be available. These damages, though rare, are meant to punish negligent parties and try to deter them from behaving in a similar negligent manner in the future.
Contact a Denver Wrongful Death Attorney at Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP
A Denver wrongful death attorney at Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP is ready to help you determine your best options for justice – and start fighting for the compensation you deserve. For well over 30 years, our lawyers have been vigorously advocating our clients’ rights and helping them hold negligent parties liable for the wrongful deaths they have caused.
Contact our firm by calling (303) 771-1900 or by emailing us via the contact form on this page to start the conversation that could change your life – and make all of the difference in your financial recovery and future.
Initial consultations are free, and we offer contingency-fee services. This means that you will not have to pay us any legal fees until or unless there is a recovery in your case.
From offices based in Denver and Greenwood Village, our attorneys provide the highest quality legal service and representation to people throughout the Denver metro area, Arapahoe County, and the state of Colorado.